Saturday, June 7, 2008

Let's Help Fight Breast Cancer


Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women. Being a woman myself, breast cancer awareness is one of the campaigns I staunchly support. I feel it's my responsibility to help, not just by spreading information about this disease, but also by actually getting women with limited resources to get themselves tested.

Doctors always emphasize that early detection is crucial in treating breast cancer. They suggest doing monthly breasts self-examinations, but sadly, not many women do this. I'm not even sure if all women know how to do this properly. There is, of course, mammography, which is said to be the best method for detecting breast cancer. But again, not many do this regularly, and there a lot who cannot even afford to get this done.

I stumbled upon The Breast Cancer Site and they have an ongoing campaign soliciting clicks to help raise funds for free mammograms. Yes, all you need to do is to click on the button every day, and their sponsors will pay for every click they get. 100% of the money they raise through this campaign will be used to provide free mammogram tests for women in the low income bracket. The more clicks you give, the more women they can help.

To start supporting this cause, please visit The Breast Cancer Site. I've also added a permanent link on my side bar and I hope that you'll click on it whenever you visit this blog.

If you want to know more about breast cancer, please click here.

0 comments:

Leave a Message


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix
 

Vanity Treats Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada